Hey everyone… Jess here to start off the Halloween week with a little hybrid inspiration for you!
I whipped up two quick and easy projects using this digi element pack from the Pink Paislee digital store:
First up is a cute little toddler t-shirt for my daughter. I used the “spooky” image for this, plus an inexpensive shirt and a small piece of iron-on image transfer paper.
1. Open the .png file in your photo editing software and size it to what you are making. I used it at full size for the shirt.
2. You’ll need to reverse the image to ensure the word isn’t backwards! You can either flip the image horizontally in the software or find the “mirror image” setting in the print menu.
3. Set your printer to “plain/basic white paper”
4. If you are not using a full sheet of transfer paper simply adhere it to a full size sheet as I did here and print:
7. Dress up your spooky little sweetheart!
You can print directly onto many fabrics. I love the look of muslin but any smooth, light colored fabric with a little weight will work. For this project you’ll need the skull/poison image from the digi element pack, a small piece of muslin, adhesive, cardstock, a 4×6 frame, ribbon, and embellishments.
1. Open the skull image in your image software and size it to your project. For my 4×6 frame I printed it at about 3″ square.
2. Use spray adhesive on a piece of 8.5×11 cardstock and lay an ironed piece of muslin over it. If you don’t have spray adhesive I have heard of others having luck with regular adhesive tape or clear tape on the sides. But I can assure you that spray adhesive works beautifully (just use it outside or prepare to have adhesive everywhere!)
4. Peel the fabric off the backing. Cut a 4×6 piece of chipboard and layer a 4×6 piece of white cardstock on top.
5. You can chose to cut the muslin to size or simply wrap the muslin around the 4×6 backing, depending on what your frame will accommodate.
6. Add a ribbon bow across the bottom of the frame. Embellish the bow with a tassel (from the Nantucket collection!), charm, and some buttons/brads.