Happy 4th of July! What better way to celebrate here on the blog than with a whole bunch of patriotic projects by our guest designer – Tegan Skwiat! Find Tegan on her blog, instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Tell us a little bit about yourself: Hi crafty friends! My name is Tegan Skwiat and I live in northwest Indiana with my husband and fur kid, Pixie. I’ve loved stickers for as long as I can remember. I had a sticker album that I collected stickers of all kinds in when I was just a little girl. When I am not papercrafting, I love to walk the dog, catch up on funny movies, and watch football with my husband. I am also a total Disney fan. I don’t have any kids of my own, but I love going to Disneyland with my little niece.
How did you get started scrapbooking: About 15 years ago my younger sister suggested her and I try this thing called ‘scrapbooking’ that her friends’ mom did. I have been obsessed with papercrafting ever since that day!
What is your favorite Pink Paislee product? If I have to pick JUST ONE, I would have to go with the Ephemera Die Cuts. The pack comes with so many different adorable shapes and fun phrases, they are a must have with every collection!
5 fun facts about you:
1. Hubby and I only dated for 7 months before we got engaged. And we have been happily married for 15 years so far!
2. My birthday is 5 days before Christmas. I can’t begin to tell you how many birthday presents I get wrapped in Christmas paper!
3. Speaking of Christmas, I absolutely love the holiday season and Elf is my favorite Christmas movie of all time. I seriously could watch it 1000 times and still not get sick of it!
4. I actually like washing the dishes. We do have a dishwasher, but I have never used it.
5. I am a total girly girl, but I love watching NFL games in the fall.
Use a phrase die cut from the Ephemera pack as a quick and cool title for your layout!
Want to make your title really pop? Use multicolored alphabet stickers!
How fun would these die cut bags be filled with sunscreen, sidewalk chalk, or s’mores treats?! The milk carton box cut file is by Lori Whitlock for Silhouette.
Adhere ephemera pieces to your card with foam adhesive to add dimension. The oh-so-cool dimensional star stickers add even more depth!
Have a favorite patterned paper from a collection? Feature a thick strip of it on a white background like I did here with this gorgeous blue floral patterned paper.
Thank you so much to Tegan for guest designing for 4th of July week! Speaking of which, have a safe, happy, and fun fourth!